1. Toluene: a thinner that stops nail polish going lumpy, but can also cause dizziness and nausea and affect the central nervous system.
2. Formaldehyde: a toxic preservative used in nail hardeners with a powerful and unpleasant odour. Can be absorbed by the body through contact with the skin or mucous membrane, or by inhalation.
3. Formaldehyde resin: causes nail polish to harden and creates shine, but can also cause allergic reactions such as skin irritations.
4. Camphor: a preservative that can lead to irritation, nausea, disorientation and even liver damage when absorbed by the body.
5. Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): stops nail polish from peeling, but is harmful to the reproductive organs and during pregnancy. DPB has been banned in the European Union since 2004.
6. Triphenyl phosphate (TPHP): is mainly used to make plastic and can have an adverse effect on the reproductive organs and endocrine system.
7. Ethyl Tosylamide: a thinner prohibited in the European Union due to its toxicity.
8. Xylene: is used to mask chemical smell of nail polishes, but can also cause nausea and headaches.
Butyl, Acetate, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Acetyl Tributyl, Citrate, Adipic Acid/Isophthalic Acid Neopentyl Glycol/TrimethylOlpropane Copolymer, Isopropyl Alcohol, Acrylates Copolymer, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, n-Butyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, Silica, Trimethylpentanediyl Dibenzoate, Polyvinyl Butyral, Titanium Dioxide, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Caesalpinia Sappan Bark Extract [+/- CI 77891, MICA, CI 77499, CI 19140, CI 15880, CI 77266, CI 77491, CI 15850, CI 77510, CI 77007, Tin Oxide]